KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

The Admin
Administrator

In case you haven't figured it out from the title, this Roleplay is based off the first book the the Hunger Games trilogy. Yes, some of you have never read them and may have no idea what it's about, so I'll explain.

This is set in Panem, a country in a place once known as North America. It consists of the Capitol and is surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Every year each district must send one boy and one girl to compete in the Hunger Games, a fight to the death broadcast across the country.

This is not the same story from the books we know. There is no Katniss, no Peeta, nothing suggesting the original story line. All these characters will be original. There will be no exceptions to the rules. Expect most, if not all, of your characters to die.

Now, if you want to know how the Games work, I'll explain.

Once a year there is a ceremony known as the reaping. In each district, everyone meets in the town square. Effie Trinket, the ever-so-bubbly representative from the Capitol, will then pick names of the "winner", first the girl and then the boy. If someone wishes to, they may volunteer as a tribute. For some people in poorer districts, they can enter their name extra times in the drawing in exchange for a supply of grain ond oil for a year. This is known as tesserae. 

After the reaping, people are allowed to say their goodbyes to the "tributes," as they are called, until the time comes for them to get on the train to the Capitol. For each district there are always two mentors, victors from previous years. They will have time to discuss strategies later on. Tributes from (usually) Districts 1, 2 and 4 are often referred to as Career Tributes, or Careers. In these districts it is often a great honor to be chosen, and they will spend their whole lives training for them.

Once in the Capitol, they will be allowed some time for training, go around on a parade dressed in extravagant costumes, be interviewed, meet their fellow tributes, and receive a score from 1 to 12 from the Gamemakers, the people who create and run the Games.

When the games start, each tribute will stand on a plate for 60 seconds before a gong sounds and they are let into the arena, where they will spend the next few days or weeks fighting until only one tribute is left. The arena is very large, and its theme and layout changes from year to year. In the center of the arena is the Cornucopia, a horn usually filled with or surrounded by food, weapons, and other provisions. Most tributes will go for whatever is at the Cornucopia, and this is often where most deaths occur.

After someone dies, a cannon will sound and their body will be taken away. Every night, all the faces of those that died that day are projected onto the sky for everyone to see.

The last one remaining will be removed from the arena and declared victor. They then take a victory tour, visiting each district, starting with the one numerically one less than their district and traveling until they reach the district numerically one more than their district, then to the Capitol, and then home.

December 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Rules:

1. No foul language.

2. No spamming.

3. No godmodding/powerplaying/whatever. More often than not, your character will have to die at some point.

4. Keep in mind that while this is set way in the future and it's sci-fi, don't turn it into a fantasy. Please.

December 30, 2010 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Some other Regulations:

As we need to keep order as is done in the books, this account (The Admin) will act as the Capitol and anyone from it. This includes being in charge of reaping, interviews, training, scores, cannons, hovercrafts, death announcements, feasts, timekeeping in the arena, what the arena looks like and its layout, Gamemaker events, what's at or around the Cornucopia, Quells (if we get there), et cetera. In other words, you are your characters and only your characters. You interact with others, but nothing Capitol-set is yours to control. During the first few round for district that have no mentors, The Admin is in charge of what's in those little silver parachutes. Once people have characters that are victors and thus mentors, they may decide what gifts people get. And remember that the further in it gets, the more expensive the gifts are, and you don't get many!

To prevent confusion:

District 1: Luxury Goods for the Capitol

District 2: Mining Gems (also unofficially provided Peacekeepers)

District 3: Electronics/Technology

District 4: Fishing

District 5: Breeding (Cattle)

District 6: Scientific Research

District 7: Lumber and paper products

District 8: Textiles (Peacekeeper Uniforms)

District 9: Food Processing

District 10: Livestock

District 11: Agriculture

District 12: Coal mining

December 30, 2010 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

My first charrie!

Rowena Fledges

District 10

Age 14

Seeing as her district's industry is livestock, she has some ability at... um... er... herding? And using ranged weapons... she has long-ish, dark hair that she always wears in a ponytail, and... yeah.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

December 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

(Characters from same family))

Name: Cynthia Maliodeth

Name: Dariem Maliodeth

District: 11 - Agriculture

Cynthia's age: 13

Dariem's age: 15

Cynthia's description: small, short, and much too skinny from starvation. Has stringy blond hair, turquoise eyes, and wears ragged clothing.

Dariem's description: strong, but still starving and thin. Dark brown hair, and the turquoise eyes.

Background:

~from a poor family, signed up for tesserae 3 times (really REALLY poor)and Dariem signed up 5 times

~knows how to use spears, scythes(imagine that in the Hunger Games?), and staffs, and recognizes plants well

--

December 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Wren Lithgate

District 8

Age 17

Doesn't have any ability with weapons other than any thrown object. Her only skill is with projectiles such as darts, throwing kinves, shuriken, et cetera.

Has pale brown hair down to her shoulders, and a few loose locks thatare much longer. Hazel-ish eyes.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

December 30, 2010 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Blitz Ell

District 1

Age 16

BESs

A Career. Primarily uses whips as his weapons.

He is very outgoing and confident, verging on cocky, arrogant, and just plain rude. He plans on trying to lead the Career pack. Comes from a rich family. He discovered the tesserae limit to be 10 when he was trying to improve his odds at being drawn. He is known by his friends as the "fake tesserae" kid.

Is absolutely in love with Vivi. Has short black hair and icy blue eyes.

--

December 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese Keith

District 3 - electronics

--Red hair cropped up to her chin and horn rimmed grey glasses with squinty eyes. Tall, slim built with elfin features.

--Analytic, perfectionist, blantantly honest (and a baaaaad liar)

--Skilled at fencing and building machines

--Has a father with a fatal disease.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

December 30, 2010 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian Turner

District 3 - electronics

14 years old

~ Long, dark black hair that hides green eyes. Lanky.

~From a relatively poor family, and is an only child. Never signed up for tesserae.

~Good with robots, and other mechanical weapons.

--

December 30, 2010 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Cordy Sutherland

District 5

Age 18

BESs

Has no physical advantage except for lightness and speed, and relies primarily on strategy and intelligence. He doesn't like to kill directly.

Short, light brown hair.

--

December 31, 2010 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Simon(e) Renfrew

District 7

Age 12

Signed up for tesserae twice. Has a little sister, 9 years old. Can use axes.

Put his name in the girls' reaping ball. Is forced to pose as a girl for the Games.

Blond hair down to his chin. Green eyes.

--

December 31, 2010 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Erin

District 9

Age 13

-Did not sign up for tessarae

Background:

Erin's family were revolutionists. They lived in the woods having run away in protest of the "system". They were sought out and killed by Peacekeepers but not before Erin escaped into the woods.

-She lived by herself ever since, her existence was unknown due to the carelessness of the Peacekeepers.

-She has profound survival knowledge and mysterious talents. Having been through tragedy, she has little emotional attachment left and is extremely independent, with no reliance on others.

January 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

"Hey, Ma, I'm home."

The rusted wooden door creaked to reveal a tall, skinny figure, his limbs slumping in weariness.

Cynthia looked up at him from the tiny stove in which she was making porridge. "Ma's not home. She went to work in the apple orchards with Pa."

"This late?" Dariem, Cynthia's big brother, furrowed his eyebrows.

Cynthia gave him a look. "Are you saying that you don't work hard and late into the night to support this family?"

Dariem shrugged, crossing over to the tiny firewood pile and took a look at it. He sighed.

"Are supplies running out again?"

"Dariem, where have you been? They've been running out for weeks now!"

"Guess we'll win the Hunger Games and get famous and money and food and all that stuff, eh? Then life'll be amazing." Dariem grinned and ruffled his hair casually.

"DARIEM! Don't joke about those things!"

"Fine, my cowardly little sister."

The door opened once again, this time revealing a stocky woman and a thin man.

"Ma! Pa!" Cynthia ran over to them, porridge ladel still in her hand.

The two homecomers look tired and gaunt. Their faces were lined with sharp indents and their bones stuck out, just like their daughter and son.

"Well, " Cynthia's father said, making a face at the unappetizing food bubbling in the pot. "The Hunger Games are approaching. Let's just hope none of our children get chosen, Delia."

Her mother's face suddenly shadowed over. "Oh, no, the Hunger Games."

Cynthia's pale face paled even more. "With Dariem's and my chances, we might as well be chosen as the tributes."

The whole family sat quietly around the hearth, each member lost in deep and dark thoughts.

--

January 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Rowena sat up in bed. Gloomy gray light from the clouds streamed in through her windows. She bit her lip. Things never did go too well on days like this. And it was the day of the reaping. Something made her feel sick about this, as though fate wanted a weak little fourteen-year-old to be sent to her death. She reached for a long black ribbon sitting by her bed before her fingers hesitated. She figured her parents would have something a bit more sophisticated than a single ribbon in her hair, but paid no heed and swiftly tied her hair back anyway.

She got dressed as fast as possible in an outfit any other parent would have shamed her for wearing on reaping day and tried to sneak down the stairs and outside, but her mother caught her.

"Rowena," she said teasingly. "You're not going out in that, are you?"

Her mother motioned to what she was wearing, which consisted of a particularly ragged shirt and a pair of pants.

"Yes," she squeaked, getting the feeling she would have to go back. Without bothering to hear another word, she turned on her heels and reappeared in a simple white blouse and a long black skirt. Seeing the nod of approval, she raced out the door.

--

January 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Tom Quincy

District 4

Age 12

-Dark brown hair up to his shoulders w/ bangs cut halfway across his  forehead, big, cold black eyes, tanned.

-Despite his innocent, pretty boy appearance, there is more to him than what meets the eye. Coming from a rich family, he visits the fishermen daily and is quite capable of setting traps. Selfish, no good, rotten brat with sharp vision.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

January 3, 2011 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Emistalia Tachekin

District 5

Age 15

Lives in the district of breeding cattle, but really wants to hunt in the forest. Lives in a poor family, who do not have the time to watch her. Very good at archery, although she has never tried hunting. She sneaks out of the house every sunday at midnight to practice. She has never been caught. Seems to be shy, quiet, and obedient, but can be clever and cunning when needed.

January 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Sinden Vantif

District 12

Age 18

Broad shoulders, tall, and heavy, Sinden looks very healthy. He mainly relies on brute strength to solve problems, and only seems to be getting stronger with all that time spent in the coal mines. He comes from an okayish family, he is not starving, but not quite middle class. He is arrogant and gets what he wants since everyone is afraid of him. He believes he should be in districts 1, 2, or 4, since he wants to be a career leader and also be rich.

January 3, 2011 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Allen Cedmons

District [whichever one he feels like it]

Age 16

Allen is a wanderer, and never stays in one place for more than a month. He lives on his own, and mainly relies on hunting and foraging for food. He believes begging is degrading. Skilled at double swords. Lives a happy life on his own, although he mainly stays in district 4 for the fish. Hates the career people, and refuses to train for the games. Has entered his name in the drawings, but no one knows he is an orphan.

(I dont know for which district, you guys can pick)

January 3, 2011 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Rowena turned a corner and burst through the door of her friend's house, much to the surprise of that said friend's mother, who was standing with a surprised look on her face.

"Where's Robin?" Rowena panted.

"She left for the square already," Robin's mother muttered back. "Just a minute ago. You can probably still catch her."

Rowena yelled a quick thank-you and took off, arousing the gaze of a few Peacekeepers but paying no heed. She almost missed Robin, as her mother apparently had insisted on dressing her in the most elaborate outfit she had ever seen. It was no surprise, seeing as her family was relatively well-off and needed no tesserae.

Me, on the other hand... Rowena thought.

"Robin!" she called when she finally saw through the mess of red hair. Her friend turned around.

"Rowena!" she said happily. "You ready for the reaping?"

"No," she muttered angrily, hoping the Peacekeepers couldn't hear her. "You can never be ready for the reaping."

--

January 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Kavely Monodis

District 7- wood and paper stuff

Age 13

Her brother, Disbonimic, usually called Disbo. He hates his name. 

Age 17

Her other brother, Lotsynthesis, usually called by his full name because, for some reason, he loves it. 

Age 12

Kavely is allergic to dust. It has made her life a complete misery. She has grown a great deal of tangled dark brown-black hair and always keep it in front of her face in a vain attempt to keep the dust away. She isn't very physically strong and so was initially put in a factory where she almost died because of the amount of dust in the air. Her older brother, Disbo, managed to get her a job as a runner for the management. They realized that there was a brain behind all that hair and offered her a part-time, trial, amazingly low paying desk job. She accepted. Anything was better than dying in a factory. Her real ambition is to somehow get to District 3, or if that isn't possible, District 6 and actually do something mentally stimulating. In preparation she does strange and dangerous experiments in her room that often result in gigantic explosions. People usually assume it's one of her famous sneezes. She had only one real friend, Marsitic, and she was killed by Peacemakers a couple of years ago. While not exactly anti-social, she now has trouble trusting people outside her family completely and friendships she makes are not very deep.

Disbo is strong, big and has hair bleached blonde by the sun. He cuts wood. He's very popular in the town. He worries a lot about his sister Kavely and is afraid that someday her experiments will be found. He is also fiercely protective of both his siblings. While not in the least stupid, he is no genius. 

Lotsynthesis is just plain strange. While both his siblings have brown eyes, Lotsynthesis has magenta ones. And while Disbo may have a strange name, Lotsynthesis's is definitely stranger. He embraces it wholeheartedly. He doesn't see very much of Disbo, but he admires him a lot. He sees more of Kavely and relates to her because they are both strange. They have similar talents, though Kavely is slightly better at actually doing things and Lotsynthesis loves to theorize. They get along fairly well, besides the occasional prank. 

Disbo has taken the tesserae three times, but the family managed to get by after that. The younger children did not take it. Both their parents work extremely hard to make sure of that.

(Note: if necessary, these guys can all up and move to District 2. Then Kavely would have almost choked to death in a mine, and Disbo would be a miner.)

January 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Monday, May 1 All Day
Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts