KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

Koyama
Site Owner

Okay... what should I do about Simone/Simon/whatever its name is now? I'm seriously considering doing the screwed-up reaping thing and MAYBE letting the stylists go crazy.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

YES! YOU SHOULD! IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN!

And now, my Career.

Pikea Archina (pronounced ar-KEE-na, not arch-china, like my little brother thinks.)

District Four- fishing and all that good stuff

Age 16

She has been training since she was born to be tribute. She is not particularly dissatisfied with it, but her real passion is...dun dun dun...EATING CHEESEBURGERS. Not really. She loves to plant things. She has a little garden all her own in the back of the house where she goes everyday after training. She knows a lot about herbs, though her teacher tells her it's useless. Much better to just kill them all right away. Sadly, she was not inherently strong and had to spend hours doing strengthening exercises everyday until she was fourteen, when her trainer gave it up as a lost cause and told her to focus on agility. While a passable shot with a bow, her real skill is with knives. Even though all her instructors tell her not to, she poisons the blades with her lovely plants and practices throwing and catching them. She can even throw with fair accuracy with her left foot, less so with her right. She hasn’t got a nick yet. She cannot wrestle; her strategy, if forced into a spot where she is body locked, is to melt away and nick them in the back of the neck. Or at least that’s the plan. She has yet to successfully carry it out. She cannot wield heavy weapons; anything heavier than a dirk is just plain impossible for her to use. Her range with a bow is short, though getting increasingly longer. She dislikes them. She also loves birds and ever since she found a hatchling waxwing sitting in her garden, she has been trying to learn to communicate with them. She feels it will be of use if she ever gets to the arena.

January 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian Turner walked resignedly out of his room, pausing to shut the metal door. It was Reaping Day, the very first, in which "tributes" would participate in the Hunger Games. He and his dad were very informed about this new "honor," yet actually punishment. And they did not like it one bit.

His dad sat at the wooden table, dressed in a suit like any other day. Unlike normal days, his father had a nervous look in his eyes as he turned to Rhian.

Rhian began to feel more apprehensive. His dad never looked nervous.

"Rhian, it's almost the time of the Reaping. Why aren't you out there?"

"Why aren't you?" Rhian countered.

His dad sighed, and put his head in his hands. "You know the rules for this whole curst business. What if you were chosen? I wouldn't be able to watch you go to your death."

Hearing his dad sound so hopeless, Rhian almost burst in panic. Trying to sound confident, he said, "Dad, I'm going to be fine. I haven't taken any tesserae, and I can work well with machines!"

As he was talking, he reached into his pocket, and brought out his new project: a tiny film-projector that he had been tinkering with. Not that anyone needed the thing; he simply wanted to test his skills.

"Just... go and get changed, so you look your best," his father said finally.

With a face as emotionless as stone, Rhian nodded and clunked up the spindly staircase, desperately hiding his terror.

--

January 4, 2011 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Character:

Melinda Sasaquaiya

District 12

A skinny and small girl with calculating blue eyes. Blond hair, and usually wears a pouch.

Thief, has a family but got disowned because she did too many crimes. Good pickpocket and registered in the district, but is hated by everyone in District 12. Incredibly greedy.

--

January 4, 2011 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"Keith! Hurry up already!" Angie yelled as she opened the supposedly empty toolshed.

Reese Keith could not hear her younger stepsister, Angie, through her recently made music player. It boomed loud, utter "garbage" that often distracted her into her own little world, trying to forget reality. At least that was until her sister ripped her earphones from her ears hard.

"You could at least be a little concerned about what's coming," Angie scolded her as she plopped her mother's most decent clothes on Reese's lap. "Father cannot take care of you because of his condition, but try not to throw your life away. For his sake."

Reese merely scowled and dressed in a way too short dark dress and stained leggings. She could hardly care for these things if she is not interested, but picking a fight is not going to help her father get any better. She shoved her music player and a few handy tools in her pockets, in case she had time to kill, and strolled towards the not so far away town square.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

January 4, 2011 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Velvetine Mairiks

District 1

Age 14

Velvetine, or Vivi for short, is basically your average popular teenage girl (stereotypical). Blond hair, blue eye, you name it. Obssessed with make up and nail polish and those things, living in a rich household. However, she is not stupid. She uses her looks to manipulate boys, and is very dangerous in that way. she is a brilliant actress, and can manipulate most people to do anything she wants them to do.

January 4, 2011 at 8:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Emistalia raced out the door, not even bothering to look back. Running straight for the wooden fence that bordered her family's cow's grazing pasture, she ducked under the low wooden bar. Suddenly, she began to dig, as if in some random spot. Minutes later, she held up a wooden brick, long and thin. It was covered in dirt from being buried so long, and a piece of string was wrapped around it.

"Finally, I can use this," she said to the air, before racing back home. Throwing on a more formal jacket type thing, she stuffed the wooden brick in her pocket, and ran outside once more. It was time for the reaping.

January 4, 2011 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Kavely sat on the edge of her bed, nervously picking at the thin blanket. Reaping Day. Reaping Day. Reaping Day... the syllables echoed over and over in her head, a constant reminder that the Hunger Games were so close. Too close. Far too close. It was too late, now, to do anything. She had meant to teach Lotsynthesis and Disbo about the exploding infusion of manitik and jarabe, had meant to explain the principle of catalysts, had meant to go out training in the woods with Disbo. Had meant to give Disbo more than just strength, but knowledge, because he had the best chance of being selected. Had meant to teach Lotsynthesis all she knew, just in case she never got the chance. She remembered Disbo urging her to train with him several years ago.

“Vely! Come on! Let’s go do some sparring in the woods!”

Kavely looked up, annoyed, from her mixture of water and cinnamon, preparing to pour some newly discovered crushed herb into it. “Not now, Disbo. We’ll have eternity to practice, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to find this herb again. I want to use it when it’s still pale; when they get dark, they lose a lot of potential.”

“Kavely.” Disbo stood now in the doorway to her “lab”, really an abandoned shed out back of their home. “Kavely.” He looked at her, long and hard, his face full of sadness. “Kavely, you have to realize. We don’t have eternity. The Games will be staring soon. You’re only, nine, you don’t understand. This doesn’t last forever. You weren’t born when the revolution started. You don’t know what it was like. It-”

“And you do?” She shot back. “You were only two!”

“Kavely!” Suddenly he was angry. Enraged. “Kavely, look at me! Your precious concoctions don’t matter, not next to your life! Come out and train! If you don’t start now, you’ll never start. And if you go into the arena, you can’t go in untrained. There are kids out there who have been trained from birth for the games, ever since they were announced! You need a fighting chance!”

“It doesn’t matter how much I train. I’ll always be the weak, disgusting little kid with allergies. I’m better off with my concoctions. Maybe I can blow their heads off with an explosion.”

“You’re going to regret this,” Disbo warned. Kavely ignored him and turned back to her herbs, which had turned a little yellow from its pounding of sound waves.

Now she realized that, every day she put it off, she felt she was a little more unwilling to start, knowing that the less time she trained for the less use it would be. She kept thinking would be better off with her concoctions. At some point, that had become truth. Be careful what you believe , her mother always said, because often, it becomes truth. Why did she never listen to her family members? She always ended up regretting it.

She walked slowly toward the kitchen, dragging her fingers along the filthy wall, temporarily heedless of the dust. She was hiding behind her wall of hair. Nothing could get her here; here, she was safe even from that idiot lemur Pepdobismull.

All too soon Kavely arrived at the kitchen. She wasn’t ready for the sight of their faces, all drawn and worried. Keeping her hair over her eyes, she joined her family at the table. None of them spoke, but all of them shared silent regrets. Far too soon, they would have to don formal clothes, fake celebration and go to see which children had the "honor" of almost certain death.

January 4, 2011 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Back bent and bare, Tom Quincy dug his dirty tails in the ground, searching for a stone. His nanny stood horrified as he threw a stone at the nearest, unsuspecting pigeon. She glared and tapped her foot, alarming Tom enough for him to fall into the lake. Quickly grabbing and dragging him home to his doom, also known as the bathtub, she sighed. Tom just turned 12, but his heart is still 5, refusing to go to the reaping because throwing sharp objects at ducks was much too important.

After a ton of fussing and threatening to stuff a feather up the nanny's nose, Tom wore a bright brown suit with leather shoes. It took a while to convince him to leave.

"I don't want to go!" cried Tom.

"Reaping is important. You do not want to upset your parents, do you?" asked the nanny.

"I'd rather do that than wear this suit. And miss my daily training!"

"This is what you've been training for."

"Not today! Those ducks still need some whopping for taking my sandwich once!"

"Listen, after the reaping I'll give you candy, okay?"

"Okay!"

And that was how Tom ended up in town square without getting strangled. Little did he know that his nanny tricked Tom into signing up 9 more times than he wanted.

--

January 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Cordy stepped into the town square. This was the last year his name could possibly be drawn, and he was surrounded by younger boys. Each and every one of them had a nervous look on their faces, and he knew there would be no volunteers. He glanced over at the crowd of girls his age and saw the same thing. He did notice one quiet girl on the other side with something tucked awkwardly under her arm. Whatever it was, she probably wasn't supposed to have it with her, as she kept re-positioning her sleeve to keep it from showing.

He hoped he wouldn't be picked. Then again, everyone was thinking that, and what were his chances? Very low. If he were to get picked, he knew he couldn't trust anyone. Unless his district partner would make a good ally he could trust, he had a feeling he'd be staying on his own. He stared at the reaping ball, which sat ominously on an empty stage. District 1 would be staring their reaping any time now, or maybe already had, and Effie Trinket would soon be on her way.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 5, 2011 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Melinda stood in the shadows of an empty house, watching a the increasing amount of people gather in the town square. She instinctively ducked behind the door as a pair of Peacekeepers walked past.

Stupid people... are they just going to wait there all day? This district is last, honestly! Why waste time standing out there?!

She peeked inside the empty house, and shook her head in  mock sadness at the senselessness of people, when they didn't lock their doors to prevent thirteen year old little thieves from coming in.

She stepped onto the worn blue carpet, and looked around the dingy little house. She started riffling though the rooms, picking up things and putting them carefully back, until she saw it.

The little glimmer of shiny, bright yellow that filled her entire vision. Gold.

She ran to it, and ripped off the cloth that was hastily thrown over it.

Turning the little gold thing over and over in her hands, Melinda saw the little bird carved into it.

It was a pin.

A mockingjay pin.

--

January 5, 2011 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Velvetine smiled that signature smile of hers. As she headed towards the center of the town square to see better, boys lept out of her way. Tossing back her hair flirtasiously, she giggled at them. In her head, she rolled her eyes as they took on dazed expressions.

Stupid boys, so gullible... Finally reaching the front, Vivi looked up. Effie Trinket was about to come out any minute.

BESs

(By the way, Koyama, you can start the reaping anytime, I'm not sure how)

January 5, 2011 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

“Pikea! Come on! It’s the day of the reaping!”

Like I didn’t know already, she grumbled to herself. Where do they think I’ve been for the past eleven years? I’ve been training since I was six, ever since the rebellion ended! Not that I want to be selected this year anyway, She thought to herself. Better to join when I’m eighteen. Better chance of surviving, that way…

She knew that she would probably volunteer anyway. Her trainers had warned her against it, telling her that if she was not picked, she should sit still and be grateful. Of course, if it was someone like Wornde she would let that idiot go suffer her fate. But what if it was Karni? Or Larissa? Or Mandis? All of them were young and small, and none stood a chance. She couldn’t sit still and bide her time, watching them go off to certain death. Well, maybe if it was Mandis. But Karni…She sat staring at her elaborate bedspread, deliberating with herself.

Suddenly she came to a decision. She couldn’t make a decision. Let Effie Trinket and her bowl of names make the decision for her. She would just go with the flow. Maybe she would volunteer, maybe not. Pikea didn’t really have a death wish, but she wasn't sure if she could just let Karni go off to the Games.

“PIKE! YOU COMING OR NOT!” It was not a question. Pike reluctantly got up, put on a pair of formal black pants and a dark blue collared shirt and went over to the mirror. Empty grey eyes stared back at her, empty from the deaths she had witnessed as a child in the rebellion and from what she knew she would face sometime in the next two years. She shook her waist-length dark blonde hair back over her shoulders. It was meticulously freed from tangles and dyed everyday by a servant. Her natural hair was mouse-brown, but her mother thought that unsuitable for someone she was sure would become famous. She had almost gotten her eyes changed to blue, too, but had managed to avoid it on the pretext that it would interfere with her hand-eye coordination. She would have liked to shave her head; much better for fighting, nothing for your opponent to grab on to. Her mother had tried to compromise with a haircut at her chin, because being bald would not win her any support at the Games, but Pike had resisted vigorously. As she braided her hair, looped it around her head and pinned it there tightly, she reflected that this was almost as good as being bald. There were no handholds, she looked suitably attractive and maybe she could weave spikes into her hair. Look out, hair grabbers! she thought to herself. She was ready to go.

On the way to her ceremony, she spoke with her trainer. “How many times is my name entered?”

“Five,” was the curt answer. “All 16 year-olds start with five.” He began to move faster.

She rushed to catch up. “I didn’t take any tesserae?”

“No. We don’t want you going until you’re 18. You still need to improve your strength.”

“Well, thanks for the confidence.” Pikea said sarcastically. She dropped back and found the place where she would stand, grouped with the other possible tributes. As soon as the District Three reaping was finished, they would learn which lucky little lad and lass from Four would have the honor of a fight to the death.

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie Trinket marched up to the podium on the stage at District 1's town square, her flowing electric blue curls bouncing ever so slightly. The noise among the crowd was intense, much more than that of the latter districts, to which Effie found it sad that they didn't seem likely to have any volunteers from there. She happily began a short speech before walking over to the girls' glass reaping ball.

"And our female tribute from District One is," she said cheerily, mixing up the tiny slips of paper and reaching deep down to the center before selecting one her fingers picked with a mind of their own.

"Velvetine Mairiks!" she read, scanning the line of girls for someone responding to that name. She knew there would be hordes of volunteers if the girl didn't want her spot as a tribute. She could already see people tensing to volunteer, some who must recognize the name stopped their preparing. Effie concluded the girl was definitely keeping her place.

January 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Vivi looked up. Me? It was me? She walked forwards a few steps, head held up high. She knew was better than any of her girlfriends, and was going to go proudly. This was what she had been training for. Besides, she could always get a guy to do the hard work. She was ready.

January 5, 2011 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Gheza Mechio

District 2 - Mining Gems

Black hair with a long nose, narrow brown eyes, and pale freckles.

Born from a family without much money trouble. An only child. Serious and suspicious. Good knowledge of stones and knows how to use knives. Very well.

--

January 5, 2011 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Clad in a dark purple, wide-sleeved dress with a black belt, Gheza Mechio strolled down from her block to the fancy, glittering town square. Her black boots clunked on the marble layered over the ground as she got closer to the newly constructed podium, her parents walking a distance behind her.

A few other teenagers she knew nodded to her, and she nodded to them curtly back.

Never trust the enemy.

This was Reaping Day, and for the glory and the riches, Gheza was going to volunteer as a tribute and win.

This was what she had practiced for. This was what everyone had practiced for.

She fingered the tiny knives hidden cleverly in her belt and smiled.

--

January 5, 2011 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie smiled at the girl who had walked up from the very front and noted that she was very pretty. The stylists would be all over her.

"And you are... Velvetine?" she asked.

January 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Andry Luc

District 10

--Black dreadlocks stained with blond and murky blue eyes. Strong, bulky built.

--Has yet to be able to speak to animals. Very close though.

--He is a great cook, but a vegetarian. Is a complete pacifist and too gullible for his own good.

--

January 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Velvetine nodded and smiled her signature smile. "Yep!" She giggled. "I would love to go!" She flipped her hair slightly, winking at a random boy in the crowd. She watched as he almost fainted in delight. 

-From  dolphinlover by proxy

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 6, 2011 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Monday, May 1 All Day
Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts