KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

itwasntme4

So, since boy from 8 is open, I'm making it.

Hemp Patteirn

District 8- Textiles

Age 13

His family is very poor. He is the oldest child, and has taken the tesserae 6 times, once for himself and once for each of his siblings. The supplies only last a year; every year he knows he will probably need to take 6 more. He has resigned himself to participating in the Hunger Games at some point; he merely does not want it to be soon so his little brother Linen won't have to take it for a while. He has big, soulful brown eyes, a thin pale face and long, unkempt black hair. He is short, only 4 foot 3, and yet might have been very strong if he had eaten more. As it is he is passably strong, passably agile and learns quickly. He is skilled at operating the machines at the factory and is highly valued by the workers in his unit. However, he is shy, and few people outside his unit know who he is.  

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

"Hemp! Hemp! Guess what today is?" Linen was bouncing on his bed, his small eight-year-old face bright with excitement. He didn't wait for an answer. "Today's a HOLIDAY! No school today, Hemp!"

Hemp stared at him uncomprehendingly,  his mind still fuzzy from sleep. A holiday. Wow. Then why did he have this niggling feeling of fear in the back of his mind...?

Suddenly it all came back. It was the Day of the Reaping.

"Linen," he said carefully, "you don't really think this is a holiday, do you?"

Linen's face fell. The bouncing stopped. "No," he said quietly. He looked on the verge of tears, but managed to hold them back. "I just...I just wanted to make things a little happier. We're all so scared..." He trailed off, staring at his hands. Not looking up, he whispered, "You don't think you'll be chosen, do you?" 

"Well...." Hemp searched for something, anything to reassure his little brother. He drew a blank. Finally he gave in and told the truth: "I can't say for certain, but I do have to admit that I have a fairly good chance. " Seeing that Linen was about to succumb to the tears, he said quickly, "But nobody can tell what the future is, and, after all," he chuckled weakly at the lame joke he was about to make, "probability lies three-quarters of the time." 

Linen smiled wanly. "Yes." And then staring off into space, he began to sing quietly. "Que, será, será, Whatever will be, will be, Que, será, será, the future's not ours to see..."

Hemp ruffled his brother's hair. "You could be a performer, you know. You can act, you can make people laugh, you can sing, you can dance..." He began to choke up. Linen could have had such a bright future. He was so talented. Maybe if he had been born in a richer district, like One or Two...but now, his talent would just be shoved into a factory. Such a waste...and Hemp probably wouldn't even know him for much longer. He knew that if he wasn't drawn this year, he would be drawn next year, or at latest the year after that. He had too many slips in.

Linen  wouldn't let him be sad and depressed for long. He was certain it did bad things to your immune system. "Come on, Hemp! It IS a holiday! Mama made some special treats!" 

After much urging, Hemp got up and dressed in his normal work outfit; he didn't have anything else. Then, dressed, he followed Linen downstairs, to meet with the false cheer of his family celebrating this false holiday. Once the announcement was made, they would all head to the Central Square to see the drawing. Fun, fun, fun. 

--

Waxlessly, 

January 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Allen ran towards the town square, ignoreing the strange look townspeople gave him. He ended up somewhere in the front of the crowd, watching the stage. Instinctivly, he felt for his double swords. Making sure they were safe, he looked back up at the stage. She was comming.

January 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Daze

Age 16

takes no tessarae

Daze hates everything about the capitol. His parents are loyal and believe the capitol should be worshipped as the basis and miracle of life. Daze hates the control and rules. He graffitis the justice building and trashtalks the peacekeepers. He lies only a crime away from becoming an avox, which is unusual for someone from district 2 considering they are the favored distrcit by the capitol.

January 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Kiri Terriwing

District 6

Age 13

5 tessarae

Kiri lives in a poor family. She supports her family as a healer and though only a 13 year old apprentice, she is a progidy.

January 8, 2011 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Myren Song

District 9

Age 15

No tessarae

-mayor's son

-rich, spioled

-cowardly

January 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

Sinden stomped his foot down angrily.

"WHY CAN'T I VOLUNTEER THIS TIME?" He roared. His parents shrunk back a little.

"Sweetie, we are your parents, and love you! It is a miracle you haven't been chosen yet with all the tessarae you have taken for us, and we thank the heavens for it. Please! Whatever the districts 1, 2, and 4 say, being a tribute is NOT an honor, and we want you alive! Sinden!"

"But I will win! I will! And get money for our family! I WILL VOLUNTEER THIS TIME! AND I WILL WIN!” With that, Sinden ran out of the house, heading straight for the town square. He was going to the hunger games. No matter what.

January 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Wren flexed her fingers behind her back, an imaginary projectile poised between them. With a snap of her wrist, she could probably take out one of the scared-looking boys standing on the other side of the line. Of course, nonexistent weapons were no good, but she could kill in an instant if a real one were in her hands. Not that she was too enthusiastic about having to kill, but at least warming herself up was a must if she were to be chosen. As she flicked her hands around in patterns utterly confusing her friends, she stared intently up at the stage. A crowd was already beginning to gather even though the reaping wouldn't be for a long time. All she hoped for was that her name didn't pop up.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

"Then we won't be having any volunteers," Effie said, and turned her gaze over to the boys' line. There was a crowd of Career boys at the front, now shoving each other around even more enthusiastically, Effie guessed, motivated by the fact that they would be able to spend time with Velvetine. "And our male tribute for District 1 is..." she paused for dramatic effect, riffling through the papers.

January 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Blitz pushed to the front of the crowd, each member of which was now trying to shove themselves to the front in prime position for volunteering. He glanced up at the girl who said her name was Velvetine and wanted nothing more than to be up on that stage with her. He was not backing down, even if he should wait until he was older. Effie Trinket had hardly gotten out the first three letters of his name before he had jumped up onto the stage, beaming exuberantly and feeling completely elated.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Blitz rapidly agreed that his name was indeed the one on his slip of paper, and yes, there would be absolutely be no need for volunteers (because Vivi was his.) When he was supposed to shake hands with Vivi, he hardly had any idea what was going on, except that he was shaking hands with the girl he was in love with as of a few minutes ago.

--

January 9, 2011 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Andry Luc and his girlfriend Martia stood in the crowd, waiting for the results. Andry was in no condition to be in the Games; recently, he reluctantly had a brawl with someone and ended up with a dislocated shoulder. Not the smartest decision, which Martia reprimanded him about at least 10 times, but he would make it up to her later by giving her an anniversary present. If he wasn't picked as a tribute first.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

January 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Okay, um, while Blitz and Vivi are off saying their goodbyes, here goes...

Effie Trinket stepped onto the stage in District 2. The crowd went wild, cameras pointed themselves at her, and obvious Careers were all at the front of the lines. Hastily she rushed through the opening speech and greeting the mayor, then said "Ladies first!" and walked over to the girls' reaping ball. "Eliza Bingdo!"

A little girl, no older than thirteen, silently made her way down the line and took the stage nervously. "Any volunteers?" Effie asked. Instantly forty older girls perked up and all tried to volunteer.

January 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Gheza's mouth opened in horror as she heard the name that wasn't hers. Hissing in outrage, she shoved past all of the girls in front of her who were jostling each other.

"That position is mine," she whispered furiously. Increasing the volume of her voice, she bellowed, over all of the tiny volumes, she thought scathingly, of the other girls, "I WISH TO VOLUNTEER!"

She ran up to the podium, glaring at the Eliza girl and silently daring the lady, Effie, to reject her.

--

January 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Effie backed away slightly. This girl was...enthusiastic. She discreetly motioned for the Peacekeepers to be ready in case the girl made any sudden moves. 

"I'm sorry, but a system has been devised by the Capitol in the case that more than one volunteer presents herself. A drawing will be made, with each volunteer entering their name once regardless of age or tesserae. Anyone who wishes to enter the drawing will please step up to the stage now. " And then, addressing Gheza, "Would you like to enter the drawing?"

Behind Gheza, Effie could see the other once eager Careers look a little more uncertain. Did they really want to challenge this maniac? Would she kill them the moment they stepped on the stage?

-By Admin, by proxy

(since Admin gave no specific instructions, if this is found unsatisfactory it can be gotten rid of)

--

Waxlessly, 

January 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Gheza kept her face emotionless, but her fingers reached for her knives. With tremendous effort, she dragged her hands away and turned to face the crowd. "Well, then, anyone like to volunteer and enter the drawing?" She smiled sweetly at the faces of the people.

Turning back to Effie, she answered, "I would love to enter the drawing if anyone else volunteers." Her tone at the end dripped with venom.

All the girls' expressions turned from uncertain to silent. A lot of them glanced at their parents, and then down.

--Inserted by Admin-- Except one.

"I volunteer!" said another girl. She was fifteen, a year younger than Gheza, and had long, dark blond hair that was ruffled in such a way that it looked oddly spiky. She apparently did not really seem to care about formalities, and was wearing a bulky black jacket that contrasted vividly with her hair and face.

"Riley Maybird," she said to Effie.

"I guess that's two of us to volunteer then," Gheza told Effie. She secretly laughed to herself. Those other bumbling wimps! Terrified of her!

--

January 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Effie was a little shaken, but has to admit to herself that both of these girls had a pretty good chance of winning if they could intimidate an entire district. She reached for a slip of paper in the new bowl with only their names and gave an apologetic glance to the girl named Riley. 

"Gheza Mechio! Congratulations! Good luck! And now on to the male tribute!" She said brightly, and moved over to the other bowl. Her hand dipped into the bowl, stirred it up a little, and lightly grasped a slip. She drew it out.

The audience waited with bated breath. Effie paused for dramatic effect and unfolded the slip. 

"It's blank!" She exclaimed in surprise. Hardly believing her eyes, she examined the paper carefully. Then, still unconvinced, she handed it to a nearby Peacekeeper. He too pronounced it blank. 

"Well, I suppose someone accidentally dropped in a blank one, then!" She said with an exorbitant amount of cheer. But everyone present, and indeed more than one person not present but merely watching through the cameras, knew that cheating had probably been taking place. The Capitol would be investigating. 

"I'll suppose I'll just ask for volunteers, then!" Effie laughed, looking at the boys at the head of the line.

~Admin by proxy (who came back and edited things in yellow xD)

--

Waxlessly, 

January 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Blitz didn't need to say very many goodbyes. There were his parents, a few of his friends, and girlfriend as of a few minutes prior to the reaping. She was the only one who seemed a bit angry at him, which he never really did manage to figure out why. As he walked down the platform to board the train, he hardly had any idea of what was going on around him except that Vivi was next to him. His vision blurred everywhere else and it took all his willpower and common sense not to jump over and start doing things that would leave her feeling very awkward. Cameras were everywhere, lights were flashing in his face, and Blitz knew he had to focus on what he would do once he got inside the train. And from then on out. Because if Vivi didn't make it, he would win the Games for her.

--

January 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Daze Thoryn slammed the door in his mother's shocked face and began to sprint wildly through the street. His mother's

word's followed him, echoing, replaying like a drumbeat reprogramming his mind, "Reaping today, aren't you excited?" Fists clenched he muttered to himself spitting and sputtering angrily but retaining a scream, "No," he whispered, "No I don't care about the stupid reaping, the stupid hunger games, and definitely not the stupid capitol."That's when he felt it, the rush of anger, adrenaline, grasping his senses, manipulating his mind. The feeling of pure hatred which existed above all reason and at the mercy of no one. Now he sprinted the familiar course, the paved street leading directly to The Justice Building. Everything was second nature, he had done it so many times before. Grasping behind the dumpster, finding the familiar gray, serrated rocks and resting on them, a can of black spray paint. Now he reached the point when his anger could be contained no longer. His hatred to massive to be withheld, the Capitol would feel his wrath.

Thirty minutes later he was bound to the menacing chair he had sat in so many times before. The cold steel felt familiar below his flailing, fighting body. Peacekeepers glared down at him and he felt the also familiar pang of a gun being pressed to his temple. He succumbed to the power of the Peacekeepers now, waiting for them to speak. One began in an icy, ominous voice that made Daze's blood run cold, "Daze Thoryn," he spat, "Dangerous, deranged delinquent is who you are. The vandalism you have inflicted upon the Justice Building, exalted property off our exalted and respect-worthy Capitol, has been pardoned insanely excessively. We prefer not to punish those from District 2, this district being the Capitol's favored. Nevertheless, you deserve none less then the full torture the Capitol can order upon you. I present to you now, Daze, your two options. I leave the choice to be yours. You may either submit yourself to the Capitol in which case you will become and avox at the least. Or you can volunteer yourself as a tribute in the upcoming hunger games. I assure you that in these games you will be targeted by the capitol and tortured endlessly but the slim chance of survival and wealth will be present."

"I'll volunteer," Daze whispered eventually.

"What's that?" the Peacekeeper inquired with mockery.

"I'll volunteer in your stupid games!" Daze screamed with almost palpable ferocity.

The peacekeepers regretfully unbound him from the chair.

Daze stood up, glanced around the room with an air of confidence. He then spit on the face of the peacekeeper who had spoken and took no hesitation before stalking abruptly from the room.

January 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Wren had been informed of the Games only a few months before the reaping. Apparently her name was entered six times and she could potentially be chosen to go off to her death. From what she had heard, everyone else knew years in advance, even as the Capitol was still struggling to finally eradicate District 13 and get a hold of the districts. She may have heard rumors, but they all slipped away from her mind when she let herself get distracted. Which was often. When her partner in the factory mentioned them to her, she had no idea what he was talking about until he insisted that everyone had known for a long time. She knew her chances were remote, but felt it was nonetheless not a waste of time to ensure that she wouldn't be instantly dead if the odds were not in her favor. She already had some experience with throwing objects, though primarily small pins or maybe darts to stick her work down out of laziness. So she had bought herself a dartboard, and began improving her accuracy and speed. The board and the wall around it also had a significant number of gashes too deep to have been inflicted by her tiny penetrating darts, which were the result of Wren's decision to move on to throwing knives. Given anything she could shoot or throw, she was an expert at it now. But it still made her nervous as she had seen some of the tributes for districts One and Two on television, seeing all the competition she could have. But it was only two years, she kept telling herself. Two years she could potentially be chosen, and that was it. She would be fine. Or so she hoped.

--

January 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Monday, May 1 All Day
Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts