KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

dolphinlover

Vivi smiled as a crowd of boys and girls all crowded around her.

"I'm so sad you're leaving!"

"Vivi! Don't go!"

"I'll miss you!"

"Don't worry, I'm sure I will make it back," Vivi tossed her hair back lightly. She winked in Blitz's direction. "Besides, I can make him work for me," she whispered in one of the girl's ears. That girl giggled, and smiled. "Everyone! I have an anouncement to make!" Vivi said. The entire group shut up immediatly. "From now on, my friend here is the main alpha!" She motioned to the girl she had just whispered to. "She will carry on the legacy until I return!" A huge cheer erupted from the crowd. Vivi blew kisses to the crowd of kids repeatedly, smiling and laughing. Yes, life was very good.

January 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Blitz was struggling to regain control of his surroundings. He had just caught Vivi's wink and saw her whispering something to her friend as she glanced at him, smiling all the while. He had nearly forgotten that there was a window in front of him, and made himself look rather stupid in front of the cameras when he found that his head rather hurt from bumping into the glass. He picked himself up and watched as Vivi began to walk through the door, making every effort possible to stay put and at least look like he was focusing on the upcoming Games, not her. Those efforts did not go all too well.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Daze hadn't let Effie's inquiry for volunteers register in his mind before he noticed the sea of hands that had sprung up. They were waving, punching the air, spreading throughout the crowd leaving those who hadn't taken part gasping for breath in the suffocating mass. And among them, Daze, who's slower mind had registered her words a second to late. But the second was a critical one. He cursed angrily under his breath. He had lost his chance, the opportunity had passed. He couldn't block the thoughts that streamed over his conscious. He saw himself being thrust between two Peacekeepers, yanked ruthlessly to the awaiting, gleaming, knife that would take his tongue to the mercy of the Capitol. He watched through blurred vision as Effie selected one of the boys. A tall, muscular seventeen year-old made his way towards the platform, grinning for all to see.

With a sudden grasp of reality, Daze realized what could and would have to be done. He started to sprint, pushing through the crowd, clearing a path of people who had fallen to the ground around him. He reached the boy and without pausing, took a flying leap towards his back. The boy's eyes widened and as he snapped his head around, Daze's foot made sharp, shattering impact with his left temple. The boy fell limp and tumbled into a heap on the ground. He was not dead, but he would not awake for a while.

Now Daze, unnerved by what he had done, turned to face Effie. "I suppose he won't be participating," he said with a steady tone deprived of all emotion.

January 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Robin sighed. “Yeah.” She lowered her voice before asking, “What's the point of this whole thing, anyways? I hate it. The whole thought of it.”

“What, you expect me to know?” Rowena asked, bitterness hanging onto her words as they stepped in line with the other teengaers waiting for the reaping.

Robin bit her lip. “Never mind,” she said. There were Peacekeepers surrounding them everywhere by now, and any attempt at such a conversation would be a bad idea.

Rowena stared at the empty stage. It would only be a matter of time before their reapings would begin, and District Two's was currently playing on the television screen. She shuddered at the thought of some poor, unprepared child from their district having to face either one of them. If the boy was strong and bold enough enough to take down an older teenager for his spot in the Games, what lengths would he go to when he actually had to kill? She didn't want to know. And the girl had scared all the other Careers—the nickname she had heard being used by some of her friends to describe the teenagers in the Capitol's favorite districts who actually trained for the Hunger Games.

Rowena would hate to see anyone have to face them. Yet the Capitol seemed to thoroughly enjoy it.

“Good luck,” Rowena sighed under her breath, hoping that whoever the District 10 tributes were, they wouldn't have to die by the hand of the Careers.

Koyama by proxy

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

January 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Simon rested on a hard, wooden corner of his chair, staring glumly at the television screen. Around him, his parents were paying no heed to the district two boy kicking one of the other volunteers in the head, instead concerned about getting their son ready for the reaping.

He didn't want to go. No one wanted to go. Even worse for him, he had originally treated the Hunger Games as a joke, when he intercepted the forms his parents were submitting, sticking an "e" at the end of his name and changing his supposed gender to female. What harm could it be? He thought it was stupid. What teenager in their right mind would even be willing to hurt someone else because the Capitol tells them to? Besides, from what he had seen of the rules, the "tributes" were locked into a large arena, not forced to fight each other, tourney-style, one-on-one. But he had a sinking feeling now he was wrong. What would happen if they picked his name out of the wrong reaping ball? He'd be completely embarrassed, and he didn't know if he'd be disqualified or forced to go, or put in the boy's spot.

His eyes flickered once to his half-sized axe sitting on the floor that he used whenever he worked and back to the television screen.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie blinked. She wasn't expecting that. Trying to retain her upbeat attitude, she casually pushed her neon blue hair behind her shoulders, smiled, and asked, "Your name is, young man?"

January 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

"Daze Thoryn," he grumbled, glaring at her. He knew Effie would be surprised by his attitude. The expectation was obvious, a volunteer was someone who was enthusiastic, desperate, and even longing to participate in the Games. This expectation contrasting Daze in every way. Nevertheless, he took no hesitation before stepping onto the raised platform to stand beside Gheza. The Capitol can throw whatever they want at me, he thought ruthlessly, they're no match for my hatred. I will not die at the mercy of those Captiol idiots.

January 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie Trinket ushered Daze and Gheza off the stage and took them to the Justice Building, in two separate rooms that had been built just for the brand new super-exciting Hunger Games. She silently thought to herself that it was so cute that both of the District Two tributes had Zs in their names. She walked off to board the train to District Three. The first one the Capitol had no favor for.

January 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Someone shouted that Effie has recently left District 2.

"Oh joy, here comes the stupid lady," Reese mumbled to herself.

That comment made her receive a punch in the gut, courtesy of Angie.

--

January 20, 2011 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie cheerfully greeted the mayor of District Three with a broad smile. She said a few words and glanced down. Everyone was shy and had scooted back from the stage. There were no eager children clambering to get to the front.

"Our female tribute for District Three is," she said happily, regardless of the gloom in the crowd. Her hand plunged straight to the bottom and picked the very last one. She looked at the name printed onto it, and opened her mouth to speak.

January 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

BESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESsBESs

"Reese Keith!"

January 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese dropped her mp3 player.  That twit did not just say my name, she thought, giving a slight snarl. What about Angie? And father? The Capitol is just toying with them with sick minds and not even lending a hand to the sick. I can't deal with this stupid game. Angie glanced away from her solemnly, slapping herself to make sure that the reaping was not a dream, before she glomped Reese while shedding tears shamelessly.

"I knew this would happen," Angie hiccupped. "I knew we would be separated. I can't take care of dad alone, not without you."

Reese patted her head until she realized that she cannot just back down because of one thing. Her father. He needed a miracle and if she won, she surely would be able to find a cure for his illness.

"Stay gold," Reese whispered in Angie's ear, squeezing her shoulders. "I have to go. For father."

Angie kept gulping, but nodded and promptly gaveher the three fingered kiss. Reese walked towards the podium and stopped right next to Effie. Despite the unemotional look on her face, she was tempted to kick Effie in the shin just for the heck of it. She never felt so ambitious in her entire life and it honestly made her irritated.

--

January 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Undisturbed by the girl's attitude, she turned to the boys' reaping ball.

"And our male tribute for District Three is... wait, wait, I got it! (How is that pronounced? Oh whatever!) Rhian Turner!"

January 20, 2011 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian, standing at the bottom of the crowd, had been absently fiddling with his film projector. When he looked up, he realized the girl tribute was already chosen and that Effie had called another name, definitely not anything to do with him. But... everone who knew him was looking at... him.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" Rhian asked a nearby boy, befuddled.

The boy swallowed, opened his mouth, closed it, swallowed again, and finally pointed a thin finger at the podium.

Rhian looked up at the lady, Effie, and back to the boy, until comprehension dawned on him with the weight of all the scrap metal in the world.

His mind made an odd ringing noise, and his knees started knocking together.

No... no!

Numbly, the film projector slid back into his pocket and his legs started walking up to Effie with a mind of their own.

I am the District 3 boy tribute.

Eyes blank, he stopped next to the girl.

--

January 21, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Riley stormed home angrily from the town square, not bothering to stay and watch everyone depart. It would only make her feel worse. It wasn't fair. Why did that Gheza girl think she had the right to just stop all the volunteers? She would volunteer next year, and she would get that spot as a tribute, she vowed. If some other annoying girl beat her out, she would get the next year's spot. If not, she would go for the fourth year... and then... then that was it. No more chances. She was fifteen now. She had three years left.

She would volunteer next time. And she was going to win.

Riley burst through the door of her own home, surprising both her parents.

"Some stupid girl with a stupid name got the spot," she spat angrily.

"Oh, honey, it's all right. You've got three more years left, don't you?" they asked.

She grumbled something about back luck at the beginning of things meaning that everything else would only go downhill. She turned on her heels and stomped up the stairs. She tried to sit down on her bed to calm herself, but it was no use. In a fit of anger, she picked up the tiny yet sharp knife that always sat next to her bed and hurled it at the plastering wall. It landed in an indentation that was already deep enough from her throwing it.

Riley stood up and slowly and carefully yanked it out, sticking her finger in to feel the damage. It had deepened the gash just a little bit more. There were two other marks on the wall. She had never missed all three of them.

She smiled slightly to herself.

Next year, she thought.

--

January 22, 2011 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

"Any volunteers?" she asked the silent crowd.

Seconds passed, agonizingly slowly for the citizens.

"Alright, then!"

Effie quickly ushered Rhian and Reese off the stage, and hopped on the train to District Four.

January 23, 2011 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

"Ladies first!" Effie said to the smiling crowd. She reached over to the girl's reaping ball. "Our girl tribute for District Four is... Karni Haveli!"

BESs

A tiny girl, only twelve or thirteen, stepped forward from her place in the line.

January 23, 2011 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Even as she felt her legs moves, Karni Haveli's mind refused to process what she had heard. She was stunned. Her name had only been entered once. Once! And yet she had been chosen as tribute! 

Of course, she had more hope than those poor children from District 3, but not much more. Here there were people who had trained for the Games; maybe one would volunteer. Probably not. They were all waiting until they were older, until they had a good shot at winning the games. 

After a while she realized that she had walked all the way up to the podium. She stood, shaking, by the bowl that had condemned her. She could see the face of her mother, white with worry and shock, and her father's head nearby, bent over so she couldn't see his face. Dimly, she heard Effie ask for volunteers. A couple of people shifted awkwardly, but said nothing. No one was going to save her.

Karni stared at the crowd beseechingly. She saw at least twenty girls who had spent the last ten or so years training for this cruel trial, and were much more prepared for it than she. Surely one of them would be willing to take her place! Karni's parents were not well, and relied on her to bring in enough fish so they could survive. If she left...Karni couldn't help it. She began to sob.

Then there was a movement in the crowd. A girl Karni knew well, because she often fished near where the girl practiced, moved to the front of the crowd.

"I volunteer." Pike Archina's voice was soft, but it still resounded over the silent square. 

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Pike heard Karni’s name. She saw the small child walk like a zombie up to the podium and stand there shaking like a leaf, untrained and incapable of succeeding in the games. She almost volunteered.

But she remembered the other children, ones that she could help by staying here. She remembered her parents’ faces and her little bird, her quiet herb garden. If she waited she would be able to come back, or at least have a better chance of coming back. And she could put off the stress that came with the games, the knowledge that a painful death was just around the corner. She could build up strength and stamina, and then she could win. She would stay here.

But just as Pike came to this conclusion, despite the weeping girl standing before her, Pike caught a glimpse of her trainer’s face. He was angrily shaking his head at her, mouthing insults and making threats. As if that would stop her if she really was going to go! He thought she couldn’t make a single decision for herself, and would fail utterly if he wasn’t there to supervise her. She would show him! She felt the fire of rebellion kindle inside her, the longing to do something contrary to what she had been told just to show that she could.

Heedless of the consequences, only aware of the suddenly burning anger within her, Pike fought her way to the front of the crowd. She didn’t have to listen to her stupid trainer anymore. And she wasn’t going to.

“I volunteer,” Pike said.

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Effie looked down at the girl who had just volunteered. "Er... could you please tell me your name?"

January 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Monday, May 1 All Day
Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts