KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

dolphinlover

Allen blinked. Once. Twice. He looked up at Effie, who was smiling her silly little smile. Idiot. He sighed to himself, before walking towards the stage. He didn't expect anyone to save him from his fate, no one even knew who he was anyway. Besides, living in the wild probably gave him much more experience than anyone else, except maybe the careers. Stupid careers. He finally stopped moving his feet once he got on the stage, and looked out over the crowd. Oh well, might as well live with this.

January 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Once again, Effie asked for volunteers, and was once again met by silence.

"Well, on to District Seven!"

January 29, 2011 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

It was the time when everyone was supposed to say their goodbyes and such, but no one even payed attention to Allen. He was perfectly fine with that anyway. He stood off to the side, watching the people swarm around in a large crowd. He hated crowds.

"Hey mister, why aren't you saying goodbye to everyone?" Allen turned around to see a little boy, probably no more than ten years of age, staring up at him. He had dark brown hair, and was frowning sadly. Allen was about to tell him to go away and leave him alone, but something about the little boy made him wait.

"No one to say good bye to." He answered simply. The little boy's frown turned into a pout.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No need, I'm fine."

"Where are your parents?" Allen looked at the boy in shock. His eyes opened wide.

"I...I...um..." The little boy smiled.

"It's okay, you don't need to answer that. I don't know who my parents are either."

"Oh." Allen didn't know what to say.

"I don't have any memories from before I was 6, so all I know is my name, but some nice old folks here took me in! I live with them. But they are sad all the time, and hungry. When I'm 12, I'm gonna get alot of tessarae and help my adoptive parents!" The boy grinned. Allen stared down at the little boy in shock.

"That's brave of you. What's your name?"

"Alex. Alex Tachekin"

January 29, 2011 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Simon had a sinking feeling as he took his place in line. He sincerely hoped he wasn't picked. But Effie Trinket's first words as she stepped on stage were "Our girl tribute for District Seven is... Simone Renfrew!"

No! No, no, no, no, no! he thought. He glance up and warily shuffled forward a few inches. The mayor looked down at him and his eyes widened. He knew Simon had put his name in as a joke, and surely would tell Effie that his name had "somehow" ended up in the girls' reaping ball. Simon watched as he started whispering frantically to Effie.

"Excuse me, Miss Trinket?" the mayor muttered, constantly shifting his gaze from the reaping ball to the Capitol lady to Simon. "By some, er, complications, the name you just drew belongs to a boy named Simon Renfrew. What should we do?"

Effie let out a small gasp. "Let him go as the boy tribute?" she said, then corrected herself. "But he has to volunteer or be reaped from the boys' reaping ball for that!"

"Well then, pick a different girl and let him back into the crowd!" the mayor insisted.

"But if we did that, he would be escaping the rules! Everyone must have some chance as being reaped, and this means he doesn't!"

"But there's no way for him to go!"

"Yes, there is!" Effie insisted.

"What, you want him to volunteer? Trust me, he won't."

"He can go in the girls' place!"

"That's not possible!"

"His name was in the girls' reaping ball, he goes as a girl."

The mayor bit his lip. There was no response to that.

"Then he'll pose as a girl. For everything public."

"Fine," Effie said, whispering to one of her attendants to stop the live feed. It would be broadcast later.

Simon noticed a small nod from the mayor in his direction, and he awkwardly walked up the stairs. The mayor whispered their previous conversation in his ear, and he nodded, fighting back tears. He was the girl tribute of District Seven. That wasn't right. First that he would be chosen, second that he was in the girls' place.

"And our boy tribute for District Seven is... Disbonimic Mondonis!"

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 29, 2011 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo started. He had been trying his hardest not to laugh as a boy, apparently really named Simon, had been picked as the girl tribute. Of course, there wasn't really anything funny about it. But the reaping was a tense time, and anything that could possibly be interpreted  as humorous was.

But now his own name had been called. 

Lotsynthesis, with his florescent spiky green hair and magenta eyes, all dressed up and formal in his dark blue suit, looked at him mournfully. There were tears in his eyes. At least he wasn't going into shock- they had all, in some part of their mind, expected him to be reaped.  At least Kavely and Lotsynthesis had escaped, for the time being. 

He didn't look around to find his parents' or  his sister's eyes. After patting Lotsynthesis on the head, he walked slowly up to the stage to stand by Effie and the cursed reaping bowl. Something strange was happening over by Simon(e), but Disbo was too absorbed in his own misery to bother looking.

--

Waxlessly, 

[Insert person who is free of wax] 

January 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Wren snapped into focus when she heard her name. Someone had just called it. It sounded very... official. She glanced around.

"Did someone say--" she looked at the stage, Effie Trinket, and the people staring at her. "Oh. Oh. No."

The fact didn't want to sink in. She was going to the Hunger Games. Wren refused to believe it. The odds against may as well have been astronomical with District Eight's poverty rate and sheer numbers of children. She took a deep breath. She was going to the Hunger Games.

She knew no one would take her place. She bit her lip, held her breath, and walked silently up to face Effie and the line of girls, all now filled with relief that they hadn't been chosen.

She hated them for it. It could just as easily been any one of them. Didn't they feel any pity? She was sure they did. Not enough to risk their lives for her, though. No one in District Eight would think of it in a million years. It was suicide.

She had to go. She would do her best to survive. Besides, she had skills. She could fight for her life if she had to. But those Careers... she wasn't so sure about.

Wren closed her eyes and tried to steady her breath.

"And our boy tribute is... Hemp Patteirn!"

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

January 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese blinked and glanced at her machinery for a second, being more concerned about whether the circuits fried yet rather than introducing herself.

"Keith," she answered laconically before returning to her ingenious invention.

Her invention was turning out better than she thought. The circuits were intact and the electricity was flowing. Now all she needed was a screen and to input a function, which would be hard compared to what she has done so far. She cracked her knuckles and prepared for the worst.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

January 30, 2011 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

A little frustrated by the girl's answer, Rhian frowned. "'Keith,' what kind of name is that?"

He sighed when he saw the girl was working really hard on whatever she was doing, and resumed to staring out the window.

--

January 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Hemp sighed. He had hoped that he wouldn't be called this year; after all, he was only twelve. Maybe the gods that primitive humans had believed in would have taken pity on him. Just for one year. But they hadn't, and now he had to leave his family and go fight to death. At least nobody else from his family could be chosen for another four years. 

As he walked resignedly up to the stage, a thought struck him. Linen couldn't take the tesserae for another four years. And that meant...that meant that either everyone starved to death, or they found a way to survive. And if they found a way to survive then nobody else would have to take the tesserae.  

The Capitol (probably) wasn't going to get their hands on any more children from his family. 

With that joyful thought in mind, he almost skipped up to the stage. He looked elated. As he floated past the other boys, they all looked at him as if he were crazy, being happy to be chosen as the tribute. He was small and skill-less; he would probably die in the first couple of minutes in the arena. He was completely loco. 

He was. He knew it. But the Capitol still wasn't going to get Linen. 

--

Waxlessly, 

January 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

"And our girl tribute for District Nine is... Erin Nola!"

January 31, 2011 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo sat in the train as it rumbled away from the old, broken-down station, staring out the window and thinking about the fact that he would never see his family again. Of course, he had told them he would see them. They would see him, in any case. But...

He sighed. He could no longer eat his mother's (admittedly not very well cooked) meals, nor assist his father in the shed. He would never scold Kavely again, never again tease her about her allergies. He would never see Lotsynthesis's strangely colored face, nor try to dye his hair, never teach him how to properly swing an ax. He had never trained with them. They were both so physically unfit...

And he was going to die.

He knew it. There was no way he could win. He knew he couldn't kill. He was strong, and knew woodcraft, which would help. He had even picked up a couple of concoctions from Kavely. If you just looked at his skill set, he might look like he had a chance. But he couldn't kill. And in a "game" where the basic rules were kill or be killed, and you could not kill, you would be killed. Simple logic. Yes. Think about logic. Logic is a safe topic...just logic. Logic puzzles. The whole Game is one big logic puzzle...

He could feel his sanity slipping, feel himself falling into a world where nothing mattered. Nothing did. He wasn't coming back...

TOO MANY ELLIPSES! cried the small corner of his poor battered mind that still retained a shred of normalcy. STOP IT WITH THE ELLIPSES! YOU MIGHT NOT COME BACK-

nice and reassuring, replied the rest of his mind- 

BUT ENJOY THE FOOD WHILE YOU CAN! THE CAPITOL FOOD IS PROBABLY MUCH BETTER THAN MOM'S...AAAAAGGG! NOW YOU'VE GOT ME USING THE ELLIPSES, TOO! BUT JUST...SNAP OUT OF IT!

As Disbo rested in the plush seat of the Capitol-provided train, he contemplated the thought that talking to yourself was the first sign of madness. Did yelling at yourself in your head qualify?

OF COURSE IT DOES! SO? ARE YOU GOING TO LET THAT GET YOU DOWN? MAD PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH MORE FUN! he answered himself. 

Thats wonderful, but I don't want it to show. Nobody is going to support a mad woodcutter. So when we talk to people, I'll do the talking and you sit in your room and be a good little, boy, okay? 

OKAY! he replied. 

Disbo sat back and sighed. Hopefully this condition would be gone by morning. 

--

Waxlessly, 

January 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Simon glanced over at Disbo, who looked thoroughly scared, if not a bit paranoid, and he figured he probably didn't want to know what he was thinking about. But just then the car door snapped open and two adults walked in, presumably from the Capitol. The man walked over to Simon, sat down right in front of him, and said, "You are... Simon, correct?"

He nodded.

"I'm your mentor for now. Normally mentors for the tributes would be victors of previous years, but since this is the fist, I'll fill in. Why don't you two come have a seat over here?"

He motioned to a table with four conveniently placed seats in the center of the car. Simon tentatively inched over to the chair and waited for Disbo and his "mentor" to finish their pleasant little "conversation."

January 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo looked up and saw his dad walk in, along with one of his friends in his wood chopping crew entered the cabin where he was sitting another boy, both of them on their rest block. His dad's friend walked over to the other kid, and his dad came over to talk to him.

"Hey, Dad," Disbo said. "I've been picked for the Games. I'll have to go soon. Give my ax to Lotty when he gets old enough, all right?"

His dad looked startled. "What? I'm not your dad..."

Disbo laughed. "Of course not. You know, even though your jokes are always lame, I never get tired of them. How's Vely? Does she still remember who I am, or is she completely lost in her concoctions? She saw me get reaped, but I didn't look at her. I was afraid..." 

His dad looked increasingly uncomfortable. "Umm..."

"It's alright, Dad. Its best that she doesn't worry about me too much."

His dad just gave him a funny look and called out to his friend, "Uh, a little help over here? I think this one's a bit...confused..."

"Dad, I just wanted to say that-"

Suddenly his vision seemed to clear. He wasn't in the familiar cabin- he was on this stupid luxury train, heading for the Capitol and almost certain death. The man wasn't his father, it was some random stranger. His family was already out of reach. 

"scheiße!" He muttered, his face in his hands. Reality had finally begun to sink in. He was never seeing his family again. Never...never...never...

"Uh, you okay?" 

"DO I LOOK LIKE I'M OKAY?!?!?!?" He yelled in the man's face. "Yes. Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay? Nothing's wrong other than that I'm stuck on this cursed train heading to the cursed Capitol where I'll have to kill lots of people and end up dying in a horrible, painful way and I'll never see my family again!!!"

"Why don't you come over here with Simon...Simone...and his mentor and we can have a nice talk?" The man suggested. 

"Hmphch," he grunted, and moved to a chair by the table indicated. 

--

Waxlessly, 

January 31, 2011 at 9:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

Simon looked up and bit his lip. Disbo didn't seem to be all too sane, which made him rather unsettled.

"I'm Simon, by the way," he muttered angrily in the direction of Disbo's mentor.

"Well, then," Simon's mentor said, "Disbo, Simone. Simone, Disbo."

"Simon," he hissed, and looked at Disbo somewhat apologetically.

"You are aware that you're going to have to pose as a girl?" his mentor said softly. "Get used to it now." He spoke  up. "Anyways, first things first. Do either of you have any real talent with a weapon?"

"Um..." Simon said.

January 31, 2011 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo shrugged. "As you may have noticed, I think I'm insane. I've been talking to myself, too...It's hard for me to tell what's real. Like, just now, I really thought I was sitting in my cabin and that you," here he addressed his mentor, "were my dad. I couldn't tell. I really couldn't. For me right now, life is like a really really bad dream. In fact, I'm not sure if this is real. This whole thing could be a dream and I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be the day of the reaping...but is my life real? Is my family real? Is anything real? And if no one's real..." Here Disbo smiled. He looked like a maniac. "Then I won't be killing people, just figments of my imagination. So it would be all right..."

His mentor look at him, slightly frightened and creeped out. "So, do you have any skill with any weapons?"

"Oh yes. I'm good with an ax. Really good. I just never used it on people before..."

--

Waxlessly, 

January 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

"Yeah, same," Simon said, now thoroughly terrified by Disbo. "I can use an ax, but killing with one is a completely different matter."

He really didn't want anything to come down to him and Disbo. If the boy really was going crazy... the chances he would have the heart to kill him were minute... although he supposed he would have to.

"Right," the mentor said. "You will have time to train once we arrive, but for now... you'll be getting acquainted with each other and us."

Simon didn't really want to "get acquainted" with Disbo, but he supposed he had to...

January 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Admin
Administrator

CRAAAAAAP

I just realized I've been logged in as Admin this whole time... xD

January 31, 2011 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo glanced at Simon(e) and sighed. Simon(e) was nice, but he was no doubt rather freaked out by his strange mental swings. He was still just a kid, too, and he didn't look like he could be older than thirteen. It would be nice if they could be friends. But...

Suddenly Disbo felt his vision go fuzzy, and he was sitting at the kitchen table with Lotsynthesis and his mother and father. His vision solidified. His mother had been saying something about getting aquainted...But that didn't make much sense. They already knew each other. Didn't they? They were family, after all...or were they?

His vision fuzzified again, and he was sitting in a chair in the train on the way to the capitol, at a table with two strange men and a boy named Simon(e).  

"What is real?" He wondered aloud. His realities kept shifting. All he knew was that somehow, somewhere, he would have to participate in the games. He had been, or was going to be, reaped, and his life had been completely messed up when he knew that to be a fact.  And it was all the Capitol's fault.  

He gave yet another heartfelt sigh. "Hopefully this will all be over by morning..." Trying to hurry on the next day, he sat back and tried to sleep.

He fell into a doze in a couple of seconds. Suddenly he could tell, with a clarity that had been evading him ever since he had been reaped, what was real. This train was real. The games were real. And he really wasn't going to see his family again. But there was now a new danger that could also be a blessing in the upcoming games- his reality was not always the real one. He could easily see  pit of lava as his living room floor and plunge to his death. He could just as easily see a Career as a troublesome tree-- he had, in his time, chopped trees that seemed almost to fight back. No doubt it would not take much for his troubled mind to accept a moving, fighting tree. And then he would have no qualms about killing people. 

Suddenly he stood in a forest, surrounded by trees, and--

"NO!" Disbo shouted. He sat on the edge of his bed, having just awoken from a vivid nightmare in which he had been reaped. Today was the day of the reaping. And he had to get ready. He walked forward purposefully. 

And walked into a table. 

"WHAT THE HELL? WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?" Angered by the table sitting in the middle of Kavely's garden path, he picked it up and threw it to the left. It his some invisible barrier and fell. The barrier turned out the be the wall in a room of the Justice building, and as he stood defying all the Peacekeepers in his district Lotsynthesis came running in screaming. He was being chased by an amazingly tall mongrel dog. Disbo quickly ran over and dispatched the dog with a swing of his fist, continuing on to take out the strange ping pong paddle lurking in the shadows of the school front porch. 

And then he woke up to a scene of destruction in a used-to-be elegant train car.  

--

Waxlessly, 

February 1, 2011 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Simon had long since gone to cower rather pathetically in the corner of the train car. The table nearly missed his head.

"Disbo!" he exclaimed. "Disbo, please! Stop! You're ruining the car!"

He was absolutely terrified. He could tell Disbo was hallucinating from the look in his eyes and how he seemed to be yelling at blank spaces. If he had a weapon in his hands they would all be dead for sure. Someone who didn't recognize people could easily kill someone standing in the swing of his ax...

Simon shuddered and hoped he wouldn't be stuck next to Disbo when he began imagining that he was a tree.

--

February 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

itwasntme4

Disbo looked around the room, slightly embarrassed. It was completely trashed. 

"Umm....sorry..." he said. "I didn't really mean to..."

His mentor just stared at him. "You didn't mean to. Of course. That makes it all fine. At least you'll (maybe) do all right strength wise in the games..."

Disbo shuffled his feet slightly uncomfortably. "I think it's getting worse. Do you know any medication that I could take? I don't want to be having fits in public..."

His mentor sighed. "Something can probably be arranged. For now, lets all head over to another car and discuss what we were intending to in the first place; arena strategy. And Disbo, please try to remember where you are."

"Yessir," he said, standing to attention and giving a more-than-half-mocking salute. Then they all trooped out the door. 

--

Waxlessly, 

February 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day
Tuesday, May 1 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts