KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > THG RPG

Koyama
Site Owner

Simon figured if he was going to be coming up with a strategy, he had best do it now and let himself get in the mindset that he would have to kill to survive. It was the only way. He didn't want to get to know too many other tributes. The more personally he knew them, the worse it was. He would never be able to bring himself to do it. He only wanted to know who the threats were, and how dangerous they could be.

"Um..." he said to his mentor. "I want to know who the other tributes are. Not all of them. Just the ones that are really good at fighting or killing or whatever. So I know what to expect."

"An excellent idea!" the mentor replied, and picked up a folder full of information on all the tributes that had been reaped so far.

"Blitz Ell. District One. He trains, ever though he's not really supposed to, but they all do that over in those districts. He's skilled with any weapon, but if he's got a whip in his hands, he can kill you in an instant. I'd avoid him if I were you. Although apparently he's extremely gullible. But anyways... Daze Thoryn. District Two. We don't have much information on him, but he is a known criminal in his district." The man paused. Simon waited for him to elaborate on what kind of crimes they were, but then he said, "He's proven good at hand-to-hand combat."

Simon sincerely wanted to ask what kind of criminal he was. If he was a murderer, or a thief, that was one thing... but if he worked against the Peacekeepers and the Capitol? He wouldn't be a bad ally. Really.

"Gheza Mechio. Also two. Another one of those 'Careers.' She's especially good with knives. Reese Keith. District Three."

That one was a surprise. Three? Then again, he supposed anyone coming from any district could have talent. "She fences. Well."

"District four: Pikea Archina. Also a Career, supposedly good with knives."

"District Six: Allen Cedmons. He goes missing from time to time, and no one's quite sure where he goes, but he's good with double swords. Some people think he goes off to train himself, but he hates the Careers."

Simon wouldn't mind him as an ally either.

"And... no one else has been reaped yet, after you. And you two already know each other."

He nodded, somewhat ruefully, and sighed. He really didn't want to talk about strategy. He had been rather unnerved by some of the descriptions he had just heard. Thinking more about the situations he would be forced into, running around trying to evade people four years older than him throwing knives at his head. It wouldn't be pretty. But if he had to know the specifics, he'd have to learn them.

He listened intently to the explanation of the rules, noting down every last detail.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

February 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"Eureka!" Reese exclaimed in pure pride, thrusting a fist in the air.

Her thingamajiggy is not just a typical thingamajiggy anymore; it can hack the cameras that were hidden everywhere and display its contents on her screen. Being unable to contain her inner spasm, she bounced on her seat while it squeaked after each landing. Then, concern spread through her mind. What if her thingamajiggy does not work? What if it electricutes her as soon as she hits on button? What if...

Reese hit her head on the table and immediately a bruise was throbbing on her forehead. Pull yourself together, she told herself. I just need a test subject. Her eyes planted on Rhian and she began to rise, brushing her dress of any debris. Quickly grabbing her thingamajiggy and metal plate that was remnant from it, she strode next to Rhian's seat, dropped and slided the plate behind her, and put on her most serious and grave expression.

"Hello again, Rhian," Reese greeted him politely.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

February 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian's head snapped around quickly from his staring out the window and he stared at that girl. She was wearing a most serious expression.

"What?" he asked.

--

February 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"I have a serious problem," Reese said, wrinkling her brow. "My thingamajiggy is as perfect as can be, but I have no one to share it with."

She glanced around to see to try and spot anyone around. Seeing no one, she whipped around to face Rhian again.

"Can I trust you? It is hard to find anyone reliable, especially for the games."

--

February 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian hesitated. Sooner or later, she would be an enemy.

But she was going to show him something, and why show him something if it could be the difference between life or death?

"You can trust me," he replied at last, glancing to the side at their mentors who had finished explaining the rules and were standing outside the compartment door.

--

February 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"Thank you," Reese replied in an ungeniune cheerful manner. "This is my thingamajiggy."

She revealed her sleek gadget, which was about the size of a slice of baked bread, and encouraged Rhian to take it.

--

February 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Stretching out his hand to recieve the strange machine, Rhian clasped his fingers around it. He walked to his seat once more and turned the thing over and over in his hands. He noticed the packed wires and a screen. He carefully took out some pieces and looked into the interior of the gadget, and then put it back together.

Cool, he thought, impressed. This can hack into the media network and broadcast all of its footage back to the screen...

He handed it back and remarked, "Wow. That's some really good work."

--

February 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese slightly was unsatified as Rhian handed the thingamajig to her. Rhian knew what he is doing when he took out the parts, she noted. It is likely he already figured out its functions... he's not as dumb as he looks. However, she also noticed he did not turn on the thingamajig at all, which she initially intended for him to do.

"But you have not actually seen it in action," Reese pointed out, giving it back to him. "There's the power button at the very top. It's the left most one."

--

February 4, 2011 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian felt his stomach give a nervous tremble. Tributes weren't allowed to kill other tributes on the train, right? He had refrained from pressing the button because there had to be some catch to this, right? The girl was showing the supposedly innocent gadget to him, and he would press the button, and...?

Feeling a little reckless, something his mother had always cautioned him against before she died of cancer a year ago, he pressed the button anyway.

A little keyboard popped up on the right, along with white and black lines from the screen. Rhian stared at the screen uncomprehendingly, until he realized that the black on the screen were lines and lines of code, directing the camera's every move.

His fingers moved over the keyboard, changing places and what the cameras should do. He was overcome with a wash of envy and admiration.

This thing actually hacked into the film system! Automatically! Genius!

After his frenzy of typing, the screen blacked out, and then focused in on a room. He saw a train compartment, and a... scene of destruction. What was most noticable was that the table, probably supposed to be near the window like in this train compartment, was lying on the opposite side with a whole pile of debris.

"Uhh..." Rhian couldn't think of anything to say, after he had seen the strange image in the screen and been blown away by the girl's intelligence.

--

February 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese's ego made her ready to gloat, but another anxiety made it shrink. She bit her lip as she began to think that she revealed too much. The cameras surrounding them may catch the images from the thingamajig and surely the Capitol would not be happy with her little cheating device. She still needed to make it look like plain rubbish and Rhian certainly was not helping. However, she can still take advantage of him knowing about the thingamajig.

Quietly, she began to whisper in his ear.

"Glad you like it, but if the Capitol finds this thingamajiggy anything helpful to the games, we're screwed," Reese hissed. "I need to come up with a name and a way to make it look innocent so I can sneak it in the arena with me. Any ideas?"

--

February 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian's first thought: a teddy bear.

Then, he shook the weird thoughts out of his head. He glanced at the gadget again. What if some other buttons were put on it... and...

"Do you have an iPod? And earphones?" he asked. "I still don't know your full name, too."

--

February 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"Reese Keith," Reese stressed slowly and then smacked herself on the forehead. "Ow. Sorry, but I left my iPod at District 3. As for the earphones..."

She reached into her pockets and managed to grasp something thin and long.

Passing it onto Rhian, she said, "Here."

--

February 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian looked down at the earphones. "Okay, so I was thinking, a lot of the buttons on this hacker thingy could be hidden so the whole thing would look like an iPod Touch, and the earphones would help to make it more convincing."

He pulled his own little projector, fingered it for a moment, and took it apart. 

He set to work.

Within 15 minutes, the hacker gadget lay in Rhian's hands, now with the keyboard and buttons both folded in a compartment in the side of the gadget. The whole machine had been decorated with colorful wires, courtesy of Rhian's film projector. The earphones were plugged into a hole that actually sent the sound into the earbuds, although the whole thing, of course, did not play music.

"There," Rhian said, satisfied, and he placed it into Reese's hands for inspection.

*(OKAY, SO SARAH BROUGHT THIS UP. YES, PROJECTORS AND ITOUCHES ARE LIKE 1 GOOGLE YEARS OLD, BUT OH WELL, OKAY? I HAVE NO IMAGINATION :3)*

--

February 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese quickly scanned it before complaining, "You used a lot more than needed. All the extra bundles of wires made the thingamajig lose the whole light weight feature."

Finally lifting her eyes toward Rhian, she could not help but feel grateful to find someone having intelligence that is almost on par with hers. Angie was only a 10 year old and her dad… well, he was bright but not very understanding around adolescents.

"However, taking only 15 minutes to build this disguise... I'm impressed," she admitted with embarrassment.

Because of her honest nature, Reese could not recall the last time that she has complimented anyone. And this moment could be the last time she will ever do so. Her dad once taught her that compliments are often signs of respect and that one word she's never used in her life. Stepping back while hearing a metallic sound, she suddenly remembered the plate that she was going to use to hit Rhian in case he got suspicious. Guilt started to well up inside but she pushed it aside, grabbing the plate and dumping it in the trash can.

All of a sudden, pain burst throughout Reese’s entire body violently enough to make her drop on the ground. She’s never experienced this much suffering before… except during the famine. Back then, her father struck ill and there was no one else to bring food to the table, except for her stepmother, who had to provide all her attention to him. Angie was not born yet, so Reese was all alone. She shuddered, thinking of those days before refocusing on the matter at hand. Searching through her cluttered memory, she finally remembered that she was depressed from her father’s fatal illness and had not touched a scrap in three days, even though she promised Angie that she would today.

Oopsies!

--

February 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Plutonian17

Erin was perched in the tree where two branches intersected to form a supported nook. She rarely associated herself with people of district nine, her deep burning opposition for Panem was too strong of a barricade. However today she peered out from the tree as she watched the reaping. She enjoyed doing this with a sense of rebellious mockery as she didn't attend but instead observed the stupidity of the reaping suspended above it all. But everything changed when she heard Effie's voice projected over the district square.

Ashamed of her reaction, Erin had to clutch a branch of the tree to keep herself from tumbling down by the shock of hearing her name selected. She was even more shamed by the quaking sob she heard herself emit. What should she do? She noticed the people below whispering, confused. They hadn't heard of an Erin Nola. That's when Erin realized that by not turning herself in as a tribute, the Peacekeepers would be alerted of her absence. They would search for and eventually find her. She would be killed instantaneously. With regret, she knew what had to be done.

Erin began to slither down the trunk of the tree and leaped from branch to branch. She was facing the woods but the crinkling of leaves beneath her feet was audible and she could imagine the shock of the people watching her. When she reached a low hanging branch, she leaped from the tree and landed in a tuck roll amidst the people huddled in the district square.

The silence following her arrival was unnerving. The stares of the people around her were palpable as they took in her dirt streaked face, matted hair, and ragged clothing that seemed to have been weaved from a sort of plant. Erin continued, ignoring this all. When she reached the raised podium she climbed up beside Effie.

The blue-haired woman could only manage to raise an eyebrow. Erin glared at her as she spat, "If I can survive against this place, I can survive your games."

February 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian looked down in alarm at the now doubled up and collapsed Reese.

"Are you okay?" he asked, surprised.

--

February 6, 2011 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Do I look okay to you? Reese thought bitterly. She tried to yell at him through her parched throat, but with no avail.

"Foooood," she grunted in a barely audible manner.

--

February 6, 2011 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LightsOut!

Rhian grabbed Reese's arm and tugged her up onto a seat.

"Why don't you just take a nap or something? I'm sure the food'll be served soon," he said, hoping that was true.

--

February 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Reese nodded and lied on the seat. Starving to death was not an option. The idea that she would die before even entering the arena is pathetic. There are people waiting for her: Angie, her father, and anyone else who bothered to care about the scrawny stick of a genius. Not to mention she still needs to execute her plans, which included an escape pod into outer space, just in case Panema was attacked by aliens. With her vision betraying her, her eyes slowly drooped and she plunge into the world of gears, wires, and circuits.

--

February 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Wren gloomily boarded the train, her mind still ringing with Effie's words. She didn't want to go. She could easily be killed. But no one wanted to go. No one wanted to die like that. She would have to make do. She would get acquainted. Come up with a plan if she wanted to make it.

"Hey," she said to the boy. "What's your name? I couldn't concentrate."

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

February 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day
Tuesday, May 1 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts