KoHachi Productions

Manga and anime for all!

Forums

Forum Home > Role-Playing Games (RPG) > HetaOni RPG

Hachi
Administrator

Koemi Sitrika sat uncomfortably on the red carpet covered floor in the hallway directly outside of the dining room. Minutes ago, she had been in the dining room crowded to capacity with people hovering over her, and with her claustrophobia kicking in, she simply stormed out to clear her head. Why did father have to force me to attend this meeting? she pondered. He knows I am no good with socializing or, God forbid, being a party animal for that matter. Perhaps some writing may be do me some good. Before she could lift her journal out of her duffel bag, Koemi caught a glimpse of a blond with a peppy expression setting aside across the door with his reserved, darker haired partner.

“Like, dude, the people here are all, like, saying how there is a totally haunted mansion, like, some distance away from here~!” said the blond fearfully.

“…You realize this is old news,” the brunette replied blankly. “No need to fret over that childish sham, unless… you still believe in ghosts?”

“Like, say what you want, dude, but a couple of kids totally visited there and still haven’t returned, like, forever!!!”

“Well, it is quite a distance to walk there and come back. I wouldn’t say they’re missing just yet.”

“Oh my God, dear. Don’t, like, say that! You will, like, totally jinx them!”

“That’s bull,” Koemi interjected, surprising the pair and herself too. Since when do I challenge strangers? she ruminated. Is there something wrong with me? Has the illness kicked in and messed with me mentally too? Still, pouring reality on that idiot may do him some good. Clearing her throat, she continued. “There’s no such thing as ghosts or luck. It’s only fiction writers manipulating you into buying their poor quality horror novels.”

“Like, what totally makes you say that~?” the flamboyant blond demanded, brows furrowed. “Have you, like, ever explored in the mansion? Like, if you have something totally cynical to say, like, prove it first.”

“Perhaps I will,” she sneered. “I will enter that mansion and return in one piece. That’s all the proof you need.”

“But obviously, I totally can’t trust you venturing alone. Like, bring someone with you as a second witness.”

The brunette pinched his glabella, scolding his partner for the challenge, as Koemi raced off to find someone interested in exploring the mansion. How hard can it be to find someone who wants to rebuke this rumor? she smirked slightly as her steps echoed through the lengthy hallway.

--

Avatar by Starbonds (Livejournal)

September 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Braeden Merkeley

At seventeen years old, he's a bit of a stuck-up brat for his age. He insists on constantly dressing formally and looking smart and educated. He only succeeds in making himself look like a bigger nerd than he actually is. He wears large black glasses, and has dark hair to match. Without his formality, though, he's a normal guy, if a bit arrogant. Following him around everywhere is the ghost of his cousin Nat, whose gender no one can seem to figure out anymore. Nat has shoulder-length, messy blond hair and is dressed in rage of indeterminable color. Nat would be nineteen, but died at age fourteen as a result of what is about to be explained, and has accompanied Braeden since the boy turned twelve. In addition, the two of them do have magic, but it comes at a steep price. Braeden can use Nat to interact with and manipulate anything in the spirit world. The only downfall is that as he uses more and more magic, he depletes his life force, getting weaker and weaker, until a possible death. To combat this, he has a special set of pills he carries around with him that restore him to full health after he has used a large amount of magic, and he is sure never to lose these.

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

September 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Nat, invisible, floated down the hall and immediately spotted Koemi. The ghost motioned to Braeden, and the boy jumped in front of her, cutting off her access to the hallway.

"If you're interested in the mansion, I'll be waiting there," he said coyly, and dashed out of the building. He knew the girl was going to turn around and follow him, but he had to get a head start. He wanted to check the mansion out ahead of time, to see if it really was haunted like the rumor said. He knew it was possible, but there had been cases of fakery and misconceptions in the past.

As soon as he was out of sight, Nat lifted him up (he could interact directly with them, given his abilities) and they soared up to the mansion in a matter of minutes. Nat dropped him gently in the grass by the entrance.

"What is there?" he asked Nat.

"No other spirits, but there's definitely something odd," his cousin replied. "You might want to know--there are four more kids in there... two pairs of siblings, I believe. On the fourth floor, there are two twins, one a boy and one a girl. They both are trained in combat. On the first floor are two girls, pretty much polar opposites. One has lots of magic and the other has some serious talons."

The ghost came back to Earth. Braeden blinked.

"I didn't know you could get all that."

--

Many time loops ago I asked you the following question... how many fingers am I holding up?  (*breaks down crying like the fangirl that I am*)

September 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

As soon as she felt the punch, Arkadia knew she was fighting a professional. The fist was well aimed, and her arm felt like it had just been torn in two. Whirling to face her opponent, she gasped. A large, grey, alien-like...thing stood in front of her. Huge black eyes stared straight back at her own, and the thing's arms? if you call them arms... did not have hands and fingers. Arkadia knew this was a fight she wasn't going to win, not without some information on that thing's weaknesses first. So, she did the only logical thing to do. She ran. Darting up the stairs, she raced up to the second floor. The thing thundered up the stairs behind her. Not wanting to lead it into Ralf and Ilsa, Arkadia ran around and around the second floor, darting into rooms and then back out again. Finally, she stopped to catch her breath near the stairs. She couldn't hear the thing behind her anymore. Ducking into the first room she saw, she decided to wait there until she deemed it safe to go out and find the others.

September 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Ilsa and Ralf had reached the third floor, and were testing all the doors. Oddly enough, the rooms looked totally normal for a place rumored to be haunted. The only thing odd was its emptiness. Someone could very well return from their twenty-year vacation and begin living there once more, so it felt like the house had to have an owner.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Footsteps, kicks, punches, slaps. They echoed clearly up the stairs. The twins glanced at each other, wide-eyed.

"Arkadia and Avaline!" they whispered in unison. Ilsa and Ralf, the brother in the lead, raced down the steps. Ralf's heart skipped several beats when he hit the last step. He thrust his arms out to stop his sister, petrified.

There was an alien. A tall, gray, stark-naked giant the color of a rotten scone. Its deep black eyes were impenetrable.

It tried to attack Arkadia, he thought. It dies. Ralf rushed forward, paying no heed to his sister's cry. He could feel a restrictive force trying to seize control of his body, but he kept running at top speed, leapt into the air, and planted his foot in the creature's face. It toppled over. Ralf could tell he hit a weak spot, and he was determined not to get up. He kicked it sharply in the nech until he heard a satisfying snap, when it suddenly stopped moving and dissolved into the air. Ilsa ran behind and stood staring at the spot where the alien had just been. Ralf collapsed from a combination of shock, fear, exhaustion, and utter disbelief. Ilsa managed to catch him and let him lie face-up on the wooden floor.

"Oh my God," Ralf whispered in shock. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. What the hell was that thing?"

--

September 13, 2011 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dolphinlover

When Avaline returned to the hallway with the door and found Arkadia missing, she knew something was wrong. "ARKADIA!" she screamed, circling the area. No one answered her call. Darting up the stairs, she ran up to the second floor. "Arkadia!" Still no answer. Racing around the corner, she almost crashed straight into Ralf and Ilsa. Stopping herself just in time, she stared at them, analyzing the horror shown in thier faces.
"Where's Arkadia?"

September 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Nat smiled. "It's really easy to sort of 'read the atmosphere' here, although I couldn't tell what the house's situation is. You know, we'll be waiting for a while..."

"If that girl has any sense, she'll try to run and maybe make it here in two hours. It would mean another hour walking."

"Unless you want me to do what I did with you."

"But you can't, remember?"

"Hah, silly me," the ghost said. Nat paused. "Unless you can use your powers."

Braeden grabbed a pill from his pocket, just in case. He knew that allowing ghosts to interact with the material world, besides him, especially at a long distance away, would take a huge toll on his strength. He knew he would need it, or else he would be walking around the mansion coughing up blood.

"Sure," he said, a bit reluctantly. Nat had died by doing this exact same thing, and he didn't want it to happen to him. "Go ahead... let me know when you're ready."

Nat zoomed back across the countryside.

--

September 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

Ilsa looked at Avaline. "She--it--I mean--there was--ugh! I don't know!" Ilsa said, exhasperated.

Ralf sat up, trying to breath deeply. "That's what I want to know..."

--

September 13, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

An hour or so passed until Koemi finally saw the mansion coming to view. No doubt about it, the mansion had a creepy feel, but nothing more unusual than a typical haunted mansion in fiction. What infuriated her was how that the boy who was supposed to be her partner, but he went ahead by himself without even waiting for her. What a jerk, she grumbled, frustrated. As she was approaching it, an unfamiliar blond was heading straight towards her, most likely with something urgent to say. She halted as he reached her.

"What do you want?" she demanded. 

--

September 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

"I suppose you must not have noticed me earlier," Nat said, trying to seem as normal as possible. "I'm Braeden's cousin, and you can call me Nat. And since you want to go to the mansion, it seems, we went there ahead of you, and he sent me back to get you there faster. You don't want to be bored for another two hours, now do you?"

Nat didn't wait for an answer. "Whatever. Just don't be surprised by what I'm about to do."

Now, the ghost thought, and suddenly Nat felt like a living, breathing fourteen-year-old. The cool grass, the crisp air, the slight warmth from the sun, the mild breeze...

"Ah...!" Nat said, then stopped, looking at Koemi. "Sorry, I got a bit carried away..."

Running quickly behind her, Nat picked Koemi up gently and sprung into the air, zooming away rapidly towards the mansion. A mere five minutes later, Koemi was back down on the ground in front of the mansion. Braeden, his face rather pale, breathed a sigh of relief and popped the pill into his mouth.

Nat acted as though nothing has just happened.

"Who wants to go in first? You should know there's a group of four other kids in there, last we checked." Nat asked.

--

September 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Koemi's face contorted with confusion. What the heck, did he just....., she trailed off her thoughts, glancing at the two strangers. Noticing how they were acting like flying is a typical thing, she decided to brush it off as well, but for once she was curious. This trip may prove to be worthwhile after all.

"I'll enter," Koemi volunteered. "More kids shouldn't be a problem. They can cut our exploration in the mansion shorter by covering more ground."

And more witnesses to disprove this stupid rumor, she smirked, approaching the door and twisting the cold knob. She peaked a bit; the interior seemed nothing out of the ordinary, wooden floors, peeling white painted walls. With slight arrogance, she ambled to the center of the entrance hallway.

--

September 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

"As far as we can tell, it's not haunted..." Braeden said, running a finger along the wall. "Shall we look around?"

--

September 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

"Sure," Koemi replied, then started pointing leftward. "Let's cover this first floor. I'll go to the left part of the hallway; you two go to right. We come back around 30 minutes later and report."

--

September 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

"Sure," Braeden said, and headed off to the right, finding himself in a long hallway. He tried the nearest door. It was locked.

"Hey, Nat," he said. "Go through the door and I'll let you open it."

The ghost stepped through the wall. Nat's voice echoed in Braeden's mind. It's a library, came the thought. Braeden nodded. He closed his eyes and conentrated. It wasn't long before he heard a faint click. He shook his head to clear the dizziness and walked through. It wasn't too large, but it was a fair-sized library. He wandered around. After a few seconds NAt jumped.

"Hm? What is it?" Braeden asked his cousin.

"I don't know... but there's something... something outside the door!" Nat choked out.

"Outside the door... like--"

The door burst open and in the doorway was the strangest creature either of them had ever seen. It had a menacing aura about it. The thing began walking towards them.

"Nat!" Braeden said. "You know what to do."

Nat nodded, and Braeden locked his gaze on the creature.

What came next was a flurry of silver light. The creature was thrown back into the hallway, Nat standing in the doorway.

"Koemi!" Braeden yelled down the hall. "We could use some help!"

--

September 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

Koemi dashed down the hallways once more, footsteps tapping the floor lightly. Previously, she had approached the end of the rightward hallway and was about to enter the room until she heard Braeden. As she reached the left most hallway, the sight coming to view forced her to halt. A gray creature with void black eyes stood across another doorway, presumably Braeden's. Sweat was dripping down her chin and her vision was hazy, a nasty sign her illness may overcome her at any moment. However, it was not like she had much time to make a decision. Commencing hastily with a little dash, she launched herself in the air and swung her leg precisely aimed at the creature's neck.

The creature immediately fell to the ground from contact, but lifted itself up, unscathed, and faced Koemi. She quickly scampered away from a dangerous blow, but even with a little kick, she was already exhausted. I may even have to use that, she reckoned desperately as she glanced at her pink scabbard.

--

September 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Koyama
Site Owner

What kind of person has a pink scabbard? Braeden wanted to ask, but held his tongue. He shook his head. There were more important things.

"This... thing... is going down, even if it kills me," he muttered under his breath, knowing that it was very well possible. If he got too worked up and used too much power, he could waste his life--even though he knew he could lest for a year without needing to refresh. He had never had to do this for combat purposes. It still made him nervous... there was something eerie about the alien that gave him the feeling he could easily drain his power. Braeden clenched his teeth.

"I can hold it in place," he said to Koemi, concentrating on getting Nat to escase the creature in a sphere of pulsating energy. He made sure it would let attacks through. "And you can attack it. If I attack it, well... never mind. I don't want to get in to that."

--

September 15, 2011 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachi
Administrator

After striking it with some hook kicks, Koemi noticed the monster handed more feeble blows and started slowing down, a perfect opportunity to finish him off. Knitting her eyebrows with concentration, she planted herself in a defense position. Lunging a few steps forward, she sprung off of the floor and drew her legs temporarily before thrusting one directly at the monster's stomach. It was a lucky hit; the monster had collasped to the floor. Koemi landed and hastily readied herself, but there was no need, for the monster hardly resisted anymore.

Before she could react, the monster had fleed faster than she could've thought possible for its size. Of course where there were victories, there were tragedies. Koemi's legs shook terribly before they gave way. Her whole body was fatigued; she lost feeling in her limbs and had to keep gasping her air. God...., she gritted her teeth from the hot white pain in her lungs.

--

September 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.

Webs Counter

Upcoming Events

Monday, May 1 All Day
Wednesday, Nov 1 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, Nov 30 2:00 PM
Sunday, Jan 28 All Day
Thursday, Mar 15 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Hachi | 0 comments
by Koyama | 0 comments

Recent Forum Posts